Saturday, December 18, 2010

Just Another Of Many Blessings...

Two days ago I had my cellphone out and was taking pictures of the backroom at work. I was taking pictures because it was the best it had looked since mid October and sometimes there are just things you gotta put on record when you accomplish them again, ya know?

That's another story... anyhow...

a department manager had made a comment to me that I was holding my phone wrong. I proceeded to explain that my phone had a 5 MP camera and I was "collecting evidence". She made some remark to the effect of being amazed that a phone had a camera with that high of Mega Pixels. I reaffirmed that it was awesome and without even thinking about it mentioned that I loved it for the ease and awesome availability of being able to take pictures of things I love like my daughter, Avery! I mentioned that I enjoyed blogging those pictures and had captured many things with my camera.

That conversation had me thinking about our current technology and what a blessing it was ultimately from the Lord on high. The fact simply is that without my "smart phone" there would be a lot of video, pictures, and moments not captured that happen and are over so quickly that one simply wouldn't capture years ago unless you kept your camera near you at all times. That doesn't even include video camera! I think that my Mom did an awesome job of this and I marvel at the simple presence of mind and determination that it took years ago to make a point of capturing some of those moments. It's so easy now!

Although I don't respond enough in appreciation, my parents and parents-in-law will still capture moments on their camera phones as well of Avery and her goofiness. While I hope to someday convince them to upgrade away from camera phones that still only shoot about 2 clear pictures out of 5... I surely do appreciate the 2 clear pictures that do turn out! You know... old people. :-)

So here is a collection of some pics that I haven't posted and now have pulled from my phone. They were picture messages of just such moments... enjoy.


"Grandpa... it's not that i don't appreciate your consideration of keeping my hair out of my face... it's just... well... does it have to be the sleeve of your shirt for a headband?"

"I just woke up... and it's a beautiful day at Grandma's house!"



"Yeah. Sure. It's cute. I get it. Are you really pulling out your camera phone right now?"

"I love swinging! Just like smiling!"


1 comment:

  1. Ya just gotta admit, it's an easy focal point to take pics of! It's not ALL about the phone. ::Geesh. Young people. Hmmph.::

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment!