Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Happy (Late) Father's Day!

Father's Day on both sides of my family was celebrated early and will be celebrated late. It works out perfectly since I was a working man on Father's Day and didn't have time to get with either of the daddies on Sunday. I was able to get about an hour and half before going to bed for the day and leaving for work for the day with my little pumpkin however. Didn't seem like a lot, but it was quality time and left in impression of certainly being loved by daughter and mommy on Father's day... what more can a guy ask for, hey? Well, there was a little more...


Somehow, I don't know how, Mommy pulled off getting Avery to do some finger (hand?) painting. I loved this gift!

 We got to get together with the Grand Dad Z last week and are going to be getting together with the Grand Dad L this week so I leave you with some Father quotes that I had discovered on no particular topic. We are lucky and blessed to have such great Dad's in our lives and Avery is quite the blessed girl to have them both as her Grand Dad's! The Z's hope everyone had a great Father's Day! You deserve it Dad's!

When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years. -Anonymous (Often erroneously attributed to Mark Twain)

One night a father overheard his son pray: Dear God, Make me the kind of man my Daddy is. Later that night, the Father prayed, Dear God, Make me the kind of man my son wants me to be. -Anonymous

He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it. -Clarence Budington Kelland

By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong. -Charles Wadsworth

Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected. -Red Buttons


1 comment:

  1. Awww. I always knew my granddaughter was extremely talented! She gets it from her mommy AND daddy!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment!