Thursday, August 30, 2012

Avery's First Day of Pre-School

Avery has been waiting all summer for school to start.  She has been so excited, in fact that was the only motivation that was good enough to get her potty trained.  Whatever works, right?!  We bought her a backpack and a new pair of shoes, there was nothing left but to go to school!


Of course she wore a Minnie Mouse shirt, and insisted on the big white bow for her hair, last night we even painted her finger nails.  

 

Yup, all ready for school!

I asked her last night what she wanted to be when she grows up and she said, "I wanna be a big girl, and go potty on the big girl toilet, and wash my hands, and brush my teeth."  Perfect Avery, just perfect!  :)

When we got to school we found her hook for her backpack, and put her gym shoes in her cubby, and Avery raced in to the classroom with out looking back.  She was so busy playing at a rice table and barley paused to give us each a kiss goodbye.  There was nothing left but for us to get back in the van and head home.  Adam and I were doing fine, but then...  I read this sweet poem that her teacher gave to us.

The First Day

I gave you a little wink and smile
as you entered my room today.
For I know how hard it is to leave
and know your child must stay.
You've been with her for some years now
and have been a loving guide.
But now, alas, the time has come
to leave her at my side.
Just know that as you drive away
and tears down your cheeks my flow
I'll love her as I would my own
and help her learn and grow.
So please put your mind at ease
and cry those tears no more
for I will love her and taker in
when you leave her at my door.

Come on people, your a robot if that doesn't tug at your heart strings.  So we did have a few tears between us, but not because we were scared or sad, but because we are so proud of our little girl, and how big she is getting.

 

Avery- Mommy and Daddy love you more then you know, and are so proud of you!  Hope you have a great day at school.  I can't wait to hear all about it over an after school snack!

Hugs and Kisses-
Mom and Dad
   

  

3 comments:

  1. Oh my so big and yet so little yet. I started my tears on the second line of that poem from the teacher. You both have a lot to be proud of. You are both amazing parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe yes tears are weling!!! I am sad I will be on vacation for Victoria's first day. But That is Mom & Dad's thing. Yes we are very proud of our 2 special girls!! Best friends as Victoria says!! Very Proud of the little Big girls they are growing into!! xoxo Auntie Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I'm a robot, eh? Well, I will defend my position by saying 1) I'd have never even had the time to read to the end of a poem and 2) If you don't allow them to be shipped off too early, you don't have to miss 'em as much! ;) But that's just me. Guess who?! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment!