Tuesday, January 4, 2011

January

January thoughts:

  • This is the last full month the Z's have before a family of 3 becomes a family of 4! Wowza! Our first pregnancy felt like it took years rather than months. It could be the timing of the year, the increased pace of our lives, or just a different mental outlook for both of us already having one under our belts... but I think this pregnancy went quick! Of course, if I talk about it too much, the last part will slow down too much as well. :-)
  • My store will never be the same. The Saukville Walmart which quickly became my home away from home this year in a short 3 months is going under some drastic changes. Last night marked the beginning of a long year of physical changes inside the store. The project continues overnight the next two weeks and I fear that the first steps toward a beautiful new store will be steps that my customers will not appreciate. Would you appreciate smaller aisles, dusty merchandise, and the shampoo you always buy being in a different place every time you come in to shop? That's only the tip of the iceberg. Every year that I have pushed ahead in my career seems like its going to be my most challenging year... this year is certainly no exception to that thought. My first year as a store manager will be one of great challenge even for experienced store managers. I look at it as an even more honorable opportunity to help many associates through the changes, challenges, uncertainty, and disruption in their lives. I intend to see it through and ensure they look at it in the rear view mirror next year as a year of fulling experiences. The Lord will give me strength.
  • I'm huge. I need to lose some weight. Don't get me wrong... I'm not searching for comments or confidence boosters here. I'm just stating the fact. One of the managers I look up to made a comment to me yesterday that the calendar flip is a physiological trick for our minds and January finds people reflecting on the past and open to changes in the future. So true. It's simply another month and another day... but we all view it just a little differently don't we? Well consider my mind tricked again. I am not a big believer in looks or physical appearance holding a lot of weight in my judgement or view of people. I care a lot more about integrity, humility, and positivity. Those are the things I appreciate in people and strive to improve in myself. However, my logical brain has nagged me for many a moon in regards to simple health facts dealing with being obese. Diabetes, high blood pressure, heart health, and many other things tell me that I better get my act together. Having another child tells me that I better get my act together as well. I'm an addict. I'm addicted to an unhealthy lifestyle and have lost the will power battle to unhealthy eating. Right now I really want to say that it's time to make a change. It just seems like such a January thing to say doesn't it? I hope to post more on the future of my attempted efforts to live healthy and longer... wish me luck. Better yet, say a prayer. I will be.
That's all for now. Thanks for checking in! Let your mind be tricked in January and God Bless you all in the new year!


This picture sums up how all junk food would react around me if it had the ability. It's a picture by the creator Terry Border at Bent Objects and got a chuckle out of me. Oh, by the way, it sums up my relationship with chocolate... minus the lipstick. I anticipated your comments, family!



2 comments:

  1. I can hardly believe you're almost a family of four already too! Technically, you already are. :) Blessings abound! :) Keep it up, you two... someday quite possibly... maybe I'll start contributing to the number of little people running around at family gatherings. ;)
    Walmart? I'm sure its challenging... but meh. You can do it... again. :)
    Weight loss? I'll be a cheerleader, if you're looking for them. So long as that works both ways. ;o) A huge start would be just bringing a sandwich lunch to work, and sticking to drinking water only. When I did that, instead of eating free lunches at school, its amazing how good it was for me. :) Currently, I'm too cheap to not just go for the free lunches, though.
    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will never be easier to do than it is right now! Good luck! It's a challenge for everyone, so keep it in perspective. Keep your goals realistic, and don't throw out an entire exercise regimen if you skip a couple days. Just get back up and get back at it. Find someone to do it with too, because it can become a real pain if you're doing it by yourself. We'll see you in a couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment!